Friday 3 November 2006

Let them eat brioche...which is apparently what poor old Marie Antoinette really said...

Nadia writes:
Here is my recipe for brioche. I am breaking a Cook Teaser rule here by making something I've already made before. Does it count that I haven't made brioches for a few years? I really wanted to attempt a souffle but after the week I've had... but to put my life in perspective, the author of the book I got this from, Rick Curry (who is actually a Jesuit monk - what a surprise, given the title) was appointed by his abbot to apprentice to the monastery baker in order to eventually take over when this other guy retired. So I'm reading the book and there is this off-hand (the use of that word will become very 'punny' in a minute - brace yourselves) comment about how some of the recipes are a little difficult as he only has one arm... Are those Jesuits blessed with the sickest sense of humour out, or what?! I mean - really. It's all very Zen when you think about it.
So... an oldie but a goodie...


For the recipe, click here

No comments: